- The Council elected Cllr Wyn Edwards as Chair for 2017-18 and Cllr Brian Kirby as Vice Chair.
In the photo (l-r): Llew Thomas (Clerk), Wyn Edwards (Chairman) & Terry Davies (retiring Councillor)
- The Community Council has a small fund that can provide financial assistance to community groups within its electoral area. Applications are considered twice a year – at the June and January meetings of the Council.If you require further information about the fund please contact the clerk, Llew Thomas, from Here
- Gorslas By Pass – View the latest proposed route Here
- You can view a list of Contacts and Websites in the community Here
- A recycling facility has been set up in the car park of Drefach Cricket Club, Heol Caegwyn . This will cater for paper, magazines, glass and drinks cans . There is also a facility for the collection of clothes and shoes for charity .
- The Drefach Village DVD “Atgofion Trigolion y Pentre” is available from Moelwyn Morgan (01269) 843417 or Clive Green (01269) 841071.
- Copies of the Gorslas Village History Book are still available. Please contact Terry Davies (01269) 842784 if you would like a copy.
- The Community Council is affiliated to One Voice Wales (Un Llais Cymru). It is the organisation that represents Town and Community Councils in Wales.
There’s more information about One Voice Wales in English here and in Welsh here.