1.0 December 2019. Gorslas wins Gold Standard Award at National Loo of the Year Awards 2019.
- The Loo of the year is a prestigious national award within the industry.
- Thousands of toilets in the UK were assessed by judges following unannounced site visits and covering 101 different categories.
- This is the second occasion the Gorslas facilities have won the award having done so in 2018 as well.
2.0 December 2019: Cefneithin Recreational Park: Proposed Transfer of Land To the Cefneithin and Foelgastell Welfare Association.
- The Community Council is currently the legal owner of the park including the Hall and surrounds.
- The Community Council is aware of the background to the establishment of the hall and the role which the Welfare Association and others played in its establishment.
- The Council is considering transferring ownership of the hall and surrounds to the Welfare Association with a requirement it can only be used as a village hall and would return to the Council’s ownership if either it was not used for this purpose or the Welfare Association ceased to exist.
- A final decision has not yet been made. If you have any views or observations you wish to make in relation to the proposal forward them to the Clerk by the 2nd March,2020.
- The area being considered for transfer is shown on the attached plan as being within the red lines Gorslas Community Hall, Heol Y Parc, Gorslas, Carmarthenshire-A3 Location plan 12 12 19
3.0 Sept 2019. Gorslas Park : Completion of Land Transfer for New School.
- The transfer of land to the County Council to build a new school has been completed.
- The area of land transferred is shown on the attached plan as being within the red lines 2018 Proposed Gorslas School Land Area Ownership Updated 11 07 18
- New School Site Plan March 2019 4202-001-CCC-DR-070 Proposed Site Plan
- Work expected to start on site March 2020 and take some 18 months.
4.0 2019 New Play Equipment Gorslas and Drefach Parks.
- A bid by the Community Council for grant assistance for £10k of new play equipment was successful.
- The money provided two new basket swings at Drefach and Gorslas Parks replacing the two existing units which were in need of replacement.
5.0 Other News
- The Council elected Cllr. Tina Butler as Chair for 2019-20 and Cllr. Iestyn Llwyd as Vice Chair.
- The village of Gorslas held its annual ‘Lighting the Christmas Tree’ event on Thursday, 7 December. More information Here.
- Gorslas By Pass – View the proposed route Here
- A recycling facility has been set up in the car park of Drefach Cricket Club, Heol Caegwyn . This will cater for paper, magazines, glass and drinks cans . There is also a facility for the collection of clothes and shoes for charity.
- You can view a list of Contacts and Websites in the community Here
- The Community Council has a small fund that can provide financial assistance to community groups within its electoral area. Applications are considered twice a year – at the June and January meetings of the Council.If you requireÂ further information about the fund please contact the clerk, Llew Thomas, from Here
- The Drefach Village DVD “Atgofion Trigolion y Pentre” is available from Clive Green (01269) 841071.
- Copies of the Gorslas Village History Book are still available. Please contact Terry Davies (01269) 842784 if you would like a copy.
- The Community Council is affiliated to One Voice Wales (Un Llais Cymru). It is the organisation that represents Town and Community Councils in Wales.
There’s more information about One Voice Wales in English here and in Welsh here.