- The Council elected Cllr. Simon Martin as Chair for 2018-19 and Cllr. Iestyn Llwyd as Vice Chair.
- You can view the list of previous Chairs and Clerks Here
- The village of Gorslas held its annual ‘Lighting the Christmas Tree’ event on Thursday, 7 December. More information Here.
- Cllr Terry Davies was presented with an engraved slate on his retirement in recognition of his 40 yrs of service as a councillor on the Llanarthne and Gorslas Community Councils.
In the photo (l-r): Wyn Edwards (Chairman), Terry Davies (retiring Chairman)
& Llew Thomas (Clerk)
- Gorslas By Pass – View the proposed route Here
- A recycling facility has been set up in the car park of Drefach Cricket Club, Heol Caegwyn . This will cater for paper, magazines, glass and drinks cans . There is also a facility for the collection of clothes and shoes for charity.
- You can view a list of Contacts and Websites in the community Here
- The Community Council has a small fund that can provide financial assistance to community groups within its electoral area. Applications are considered twice a year – at the June and January meetings of the Council.If you requireÂ further information about the fund please contact the clerk, Llew Thomas, from Here
- The Drefach Village DVD “Atgofion Trigolion y Pentre” is available from Clive Green (01269) 841071.
- Copies of the Gorslas Village History Book are still available. Please contact Terry Davies (01269) 842784 if you would like a copy.
- The Community Council is affiliated to One Voice Wales (Un Llais Cymru). It is the organisation that represents Town and Community Councils in Wales.
There’s more information about One Voice Wales in English here and in Welsh here.